TO A LOVER


Forget-me-not flowers. Source: unknown, Pinterest


Oh, to touch that skin of yours and feel the excitement and electricity of meeting someone new.

Getting to know you bit by bit, twenty miles away from me  such an amazing discovery.

Wondering if it's all fun and games, Reason warns me: the attitude, my dear, it never lies.

There is a blur in my mind whenever I'm talking to you as if I can't do nothing else but learn more about this life of yours and share mine.

Fear and discouragement, still on the way, saying:

"do it not, for it'll go wrong again. Life's a box full of disappointments and we need not another for our collection."

I try not to raise expectations as my heart is imprisioned, once again, for fantasizing excessively.  Protective measures, you see. But I go on, still; I crave you.

To start feeling deared, and loved, and cared for by other than not your family and friends is such a miracle that it seems a lie: 

A lie I want not to end,

for I want to get closer with you and to you

and not feel like a fool for being a poet girl anymore.


Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

SOBRE ESTAR DE LUTO EM VIDA

Caso eu me perca em minha pessoa

Pensamentos