TO A LOVER


Forget-me-not flowers. Source: unknown, Pinterest


Oh, to touch that skin of yours and feel the excitement and electricity of meeting someone new.

Getting to know you bit by bit, twenty miles away from me — such an amazing discovery.

Wondering if it's all fun and games, Reason warns me: the attitude, my dear, it never lies.

There is a blur in my mind whenever I'm talking to you as if I can't do nothing else but learn more about this life of yours and share mine.

Fear and discouragement, still on the way, saying:

"do it not, for it'll go wrong again. Life's a box full of disappointments and we need not another for our collection."

I try not to raise expectations as my heart is imprisioned, once again, for fantasizing excessively.  Protective measures, you see. But I go on, still; I crave you.

To start feeling deared, and loved, and cared for by other than not your family and friends is such a miracle that it seems a lie: 

A lie I want not to end,

for I want to get closer with you and to you

and not feel like a fool for being a poet girl anymore.


Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

FRUSTRAÇÃO

Segredo de um coração

Sinais da infância